What is Sharkshead?
The quick answer: a wireless monitoring and management system.
Sharkshead provides a highly modular infrastructure that can monitor and manage many items on a boat or any other DC environment like motorhome (RV), for example:
- the air temperature, pressure and humidity,
- wind speed and direction,
- each battery individually,
- the producers of electricity like solar panels, wind turbines and alternators,
- the consumers of this energy like lights, fridges, radios, water makers, TVs, stereos, electric pumps,
- your engine parameters like air intake temperature, exhaust temperature, cooling water temperature, cylinder head temperature, oil pressure, fuel flow, engine speed (rpm)
and much more. Some of those features are work in progress but we’ve listed them here as we’d like your feedback of which devices you would like to see sooner rather than later.
You can access and control all this through a web browser: on a phone, tablet, laptop or PC with any screen size you want.
The central component of Sharkshead gathers all that information, stores it in a database and displays it. It keeps track of all the history, so you can see what the temperature was last year on Christmas Day or, maybe more importantly, you can see trends in the performance of say, your batteries: A decline in performance of any device often does not occur overnight and hence is not obvious. If you can see a graph showing the data over a week, a month or a year, such trends become obvious and you can counter them.
This is where we come in, so keep reading and get in touch!